Thursday, June 10, 2004

Three Different Flavors of Coffee Creamer!

Can you believe it?
This morning, to my immense delight, I found that the break-room on my group's floor stocks not one, but THREE different flavors of nonperishable coffee creamer: hazelnut, french vanilla, and Irish creme! Three whole new ways to make each morning an exciting strain of culinary delight with the taste of gourmet coffee (though much to my disappointment, the Irish Creme resembled nothing so much as fairly watered-down imitation Bailey's).
As you can probably tell, this morning was distinctly less eventful and (thankfully) vomit-free than yesterday's sordid ordeal. Perhaps the one noteworthy observation I can make from this morning is that Michael Savage, who runs the AM-radio talk show Savage Nation on 910 is a complete and utter ass. Bless my uncle for taking me to work every morning and bringing me back every night, but *wow* - never have I heard such disturbing nationalistic bullshit as the stuff that came pouring out of the radio this morning during the commute, and then again during the ride home. If "Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot," Michael Savage is at very least, a Bratwurst-Sucking Pile of Masticated Squirrel Offal. It's a wonder that my vomiting incident was induced by sunlight yesterday and not from this morning's nationalism-soaked radio-show. But I digress, as I dare say that keeping quiet for fear of offending my more conservative-minded boarders has merely caused some need for an outlet, and I really have nothing to complain about.
As for the rest of today, I did get to work on some neat projects, played some more with the Visio program, and I got yet another free lunch thanks to the neat little weekly rounds of victimization that apparently happens in the group that I work for. Wednesdays are apparently Lunch On Somebody Else days, unless it happens to be your turn to be Somebody Else in which case, it's your turn to provide lunch for the 20 or so other people in the Audio/Visual/Op-Amp group. Being an intern, I have the extreme fortune of being exempt from providing Wednesday lunches but am able to reap the benefits like a good freeloading college student.
As for the rest of today's accomplishments, well, I managed to cook dinner from a package and not bungle it up, and then proceeded to install a wireless router in my uncle's house (compatible with his ancient DSL modem too!). And with a distinct lack of pithy comments, I'm afraid the chronicles of today's events ends here.

Further bulletins as events warrant.

No comments: